Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I'm back

After what feels like an eternity I am back! So much has happened recently! I know I am in the middle of my 30 day challenge about me, and I promise I will get back to it, but first I decided I need to write about my kids. I'm going to go back a few years an write down everything I can remember about spencer and his birth. (For the records, and so that when spencer or his future family asks questions, I'll be able to go back and have specific details instead of guessing and getting all my kid's info mixed up. So here goes: it was early Saturday morning and we were nervous and excited! At 10 a.m. I knew I would be getting my membranes stripped per my request to my doctor! Everyone had told me it would hurt but I had no idea how bad. I guess that was a good thing. Immediately following that I started having contractions since I was dilated to a three when Dr. Holmes stripped them! They were happening every 1-3 minutes the whole time. As a first time mom the contractions were unbearable! I couldn't handle each one, and was scared and unsure at what point to go to the hospital since my contractions were so close together! So we waited. I tried to get my mind off of things, and as much as I thought I was dying, they ALWAYS got worse! I was definitely as prepared as I should have been for real labor! So at about 1 or 2 p.m. I sat there crying so Derek called the doctor and he told me to go ahead to the hospital if they were that bad. So off we went! That was the absolute worst car ride of my life!! Every bump I wanted to hit Derek in the face! But I didn't. ;) so we get to the hospital and they send me to triage where they hooked me up to all the crazy machines they monitored me for about an hour since I was only at a three and a half in dilation!! Seriously?! All that pain and I only got a measly half centimeter! So after they realized I wasn't progressing they sent me on the dreaded walk around the hospital for an hour. So boring and tedious, but they made the contractions stronger so it had to be doing something!

We then get back to the bed and hooked up to more machines and they come in to check me and bam, no progress. So they tell me that although I'm in labor it's not progressing fast enough, so they send me home. How do you have a bawling pregnant mom that is having contractions every two minutes and have the nerve to send them home! So we do as they say and go home. I go home and take a bath and try to eat a granola bar and after three hours of that I knew they were getting stronger and I could barely breathe or talk through my contractions. So we decided to take the risk and go back in. So now it's 7 p.m. And they hook up the monitors again and come in and check me, to find I'm finally at a 4.5 dilation! Wow a whole centimeter, but I was considered in active labor so they admitted me! When they came asking if I wanted an epidural, after all I had been through that day I decided I needed a rest. So I did it. Definitely wasn't as bad as everyone described. And the relief was AMAZING! I was able to sleep and not feel a thing! Only thing was, I still wasn't progressing. Not that I cared anymore since I was numb. About two hours after being admitted, dr Holmes came in and broke my water, which was the weirdest feeling ever. So much pressure relieved and so much liquid. But he said that it would be about six hours till we have our sweet boy there. So we wait and wait. The nurse comes in and tells me I'm still just not progressing much so they get the okay to start me on pitocin and tell me that this is normal since I'm a first time mom. By this point it's 10:30 p.m. And I am exhausted so they tell me to get some sleep! (Not sure how its possible when they check on you every 30 minutes) but I did fall asleep and the pitocin started working so I started dilating pretty quick. About 12:30 the dr come in to check me and I'm at a nine so we knew it would be pretty soon! Still I went back to sleep! And at 1 a.m. They came in and checked and I was fully dialated and ready to push since the head was "right there." So they called the dr and about 20 minutes he was there and I pushed for about 25 minutes (mainly because I was puking in the middle of it) and then there he was! Born at 1:45 a.m. In all his glory, my little boy was here. I was in a daze. Exhausted from the labor and not really sure what had just happened, I just tried to soak it all in. This wrinkly 6 lb. 3 oz boy was my new life. 20 inches long and just a beautiful baby boy. I had no idea just what he would put me through in life, but I knew he was mine and that's all that mattered!

And now flash forward, this little guy will be two in 3 days! 3days!? It has been the fastest, slowest two years of my life. But we'll talk more about him in a couple of days.

Can't believe how far my family has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment